NSWCA Girls Ratings
January 4, 2023
Top 10 Teams (# of rated/contenders) – [District]
1. South Sioux City (8) – [A-1]
2. Westside (5) – [A-3]
3. Norfolk (6) – [A-4]
4. Papillion-LaVista (5) – [A-2]
5. Yutan (3) – [A-2]
6. Grand Island (7) – [A-1]
7. Winnebago (3) – [A-1]
8. Schuyler (7) – [A-3]
9. Pierce (5) – [A-1]
10. Scribner-Snyder (4) – [A-2]
Contenders: Chadron (3) – [A-4], Millard South (3) – [A-1], Fremont (5) – [A-1], Conestoga (3) – [A-1], Minden (5) – [A-4]
The only change to the team ratings is the addition of Scribner-Snyder to the list. I included the district so you can see how stacked certain weights are at the four districts. Plenty of changes to come, I’m sure.
1. Payton Thiele – Louisville, 10 (A-1)
2. Mileena Notaro – Lincoln East, 10 (A-3)
3. Gloria Flores – South Sioux City, 12 (A-1)
4. Nattlie Hull – Scribner-Snyder, 10 (A-2)
5. Aubree Stutzman – Sandhills Valley, 10 (A-4)
6. Carlie McKibbin – Bayard, 10 (A-4)
Contenders: Coppage-Dortch-Omaha North (A-2), Schademan-Fillmore Central (A-3), Siefken-LSW (A-3),
Bartlett-Beatrice (A-1), Negley-Gothenburg (A-4), Gonzalez-Fremont (A-1)
Payton Thiele remains unbeaten winning the Fillmore Central tourney up at 105. It looks like Notaro is dropping down to this weight class where she will be a title contender. Flores pinned her way to a gold medal at Winnebago while Hull finished runner-up. Stutzman won the North Platte Invite avenging an early season loss against previously unbeaten McKibbin.
1. Afftynn Stuesse – Battle Creek, 12 (A-2)
2. Jocelyn Prado – Johnson County Central, 10 (A-3)
3. Madelynn Bohnet – South Sioux City, 9 (A-1)
4. Makenzie Martin – Millard North, 9 (A-1)
5. Emily Hull – Scribner-Snyder, 10 (A-2)
6. Sofia Blanco – Fremont, 10 (A-1)
Contenders: Sanchez-Schuyler (A-3), Beed-Aurora (A-1), Gates-GISH (A-1), Hofaker-Minden (A-4), Sackville-Pierce (A-1), Frihauf-Seward (A-1) Stuesse beat Prado to win the Winnebago Invite. Prado beat Bohnet. Martin has dropped back down to 105 and won the Conestoga meet. Looks like the A-1 district will be a loaded bracket.
1. Maycee Peacher – Bennington, 10 (A-3)
2. Ella Reeves – Battle Creek, 10 (A-2)
3. Taylee Williamson – Chadron, 10 (A-4)
4. Fransisca Walsh – Lexington, 12 (A-4)
5. Tiearra Pollard – Norfolk, 10 (A-4)
6. Carson McBride – Amherst, 9 (A-3)
Contenders: Cottam-Sidney (A-4), Salgado-Schuyler (A-3), Morales-GISH (A-1), Raue-B-R (A-2), Kester- Summerland (A-2), Chambers-Palmyra (A-3) Peacher didn’t wrestle at Winnebago, but Reeves won the weight class over previously unbeaten Pollard
of Norfolk. Chadron hasn’t wrestled since December 10. Walsh has moved down to this weight class and easily won the North Platte invite. Any of the rest have the potential to be on the state medal stand in February.
1. Sophia Schultz – Raymond Central, 11 (A-1)
2. Morgan Maschmann – Beatrice, 10 (A-1)
3. Talia Astorino – Papillion LaVista, (A-2)
4. Leynn Luna – Boone Central, 9 (A-2)
5. Grace Darling – Wahoo, 12 (A-4)
6. Jazmin Haller – Norfolk, 11 (A-4)
Contenders: Cock-McCook (A-2), Medina-Gering (A-4), Sowles-Minden, Bisbee-Aurora (A-1), Briones- Schuyler (A-3) Schultz is unbeaten and has all but one first period pins. Maschmann has only lost to Peacher. Astorino lost to Maschmann. Luna had a big day winning the Winnebago Invite over Darling who beat Haller in the semi’s. Cock and Medina are both undefeated so watch out for them flying under the radar.
1. Aubrie Pehrson – Yutan, 10 (A-2)
2. Lacy Lemburg – Lakeview, 10 (A-3)
3. Kaylee Bedsole – Fremont, 9 (A-1)
4. Kylee Plowman – Conestoga, 10 (A-1)
5. Corah Linnaus – Stanton, 11 (A-1)
6. Jolyn Pozehl – Ainsworth, 10 (A-4)
Contenders: Pineda-Schuyler (A-3), Taylor-Papio (A-2), Osterbuhr-Minden (A-4), McKenzie-Sidney (A-4), Mccrery-Bennington (A-3) 120 at Winnebago was an incredible bracket when returning medalist Linnaus of Stanton was the 7 th seed and some awesome matchups ensued. Pehrson took her first HS loss there to a SD state champ. She came back and got third over Bedsole who upset Pozehl in the quarters but lost to a different SD state champ in the semi’s. Plowman lost in the quarters to the same SD champ as Pehrson and wrestled back to fifth beating Linnaus who won in OT over Pozehl in the consi’s. This is going to be a fun weight
class to watch down the stretch.
1. Alexis Pehrson – Yutan, 10 (A-2)
2. Madisen Petersen – Crofton, 12 (A-2)
3. Sydnie Brown – Overton, 10 (A-4)
4. Jaycee Bruns – Wayne, 12 (A-1)
5. Maggie Painter – Pierce, 11 (A-1)
6. Micah McGillivray – Stanton, 10 (A-1)
Contenders: Lyons-Westview (A-1), Arroyo-RCBH (A-2), Dolan-Skutt (A-1), Sullivan-Fremont (A-1), Williamson-Crete (A-3), Robbins-Bridgeport (A-4), Kuester-West Point (A-2)
Pehrson easily won the Winnebago invite over Bruns. McGillvray was 3 rd . It is still unclear if Brown will drop down to this weight. All her matches so far have been up at 130 and she remains unbeaten. Peterson and Painter will be back in action at the Norm Manstedt Invite along with McGillvray and Arroyo. Those results will be very interesting to see.
1. Regan Rosseter – Westside, 11 (A-3)
2. Selena Zamora – South Sioux City, 11 (A-1)
3. Lesley Rodriguez – Norfolk, 10 (A-4)
4. Kayden Sipp – Adams Central, 9 (A-3)
5. Ann Marie Meiman – Omaha North, 11 (A-2)
6. Jordyn Campbell – Yutan, 9 (A-2)
Contenders: Jensen-Millard South (A-1), Trofholz-Conestoga (A-1), Skrdla-Pierce (A-1), Hansen-Stanton (A-1) It looks like Rosseter is choosing to wrestle up at 130. She took her first loss of the year against a SD girl at Winnebago. Campbell took 3 rd and she won the Conestoga invite. Zamora and Rodriguez did not wrestle at Winnebago. Sipp remains unbeaten winning the Fillmore Central tourney. Rosseter and Sipp should get a chance to see each other at the Norm Manstedt Invite.
1. Zoey Barber – Westside, 10 (A-3)
2. Dylen Ritchey – Ralston, 11 (A-3)
3. Madison Davis – West Holt, 11 (A-4)
4. Jenna Second – Papillion-LaVista, 11 (A-2)
5. Koryn Kline – Ord, 12 (A-2)
6. Haley Miller – Pierce, 12 (A-1)
Contenders: Rasmussen-Chadron (A-4), Maxey-Norfolk (A-4), Bengtson-Aurora (A-1), Sutton-WW (A-1) Barber will get another chance to show she is the top at this weight class on Thursday at the Norm Manstedt Invite. Davis, Kline, Miller, Bengtson, and Sutton should all be there to help mix things up.
1. Reagen Gallaway – Amherst, 12 (A-3)
2. Kristin Schellenberg – Scribner-Snyder, 11 (A-2)
3. Addeline Graser – Papillion-LaVista, 9 (A-2)
4. Miah Kenny – GINW, 11 (A-4)
5. Ashley Stadt – Scribner-Snyder, 11 (A-2)
6. Yvette Vargas – Millard South, 12 (A-1)
Contenders: Lindo-Marente-GISH (A-1), Bobeldyke-Norfolk (A-4), Canseo-Gering (A-4), Nelson-Crete (A-3), Finecy-Lakeview (A-3) Gallaway and Schellenberg are both unbeaten and should be on a collision course at the Norm Manstedt Invite. Kenny, Vargas, and Finecy are also there so they may have something to say about it. Should be a great bracket. Nelson had a big win over Vargas to win the Conestoga meet.
1. Kenli Boeselager – Chadron, 11 (A-4)
2. Emma Stice – Papillion LaVista, 11 (A-2)
3. Anyia Roberts – Grand Island, 10 (A-1)
4. Avani Wilke – Winnebago, 11 (A-1)
5. Stephanie Oliverez – South Sioux City, 11 (A-1)
6. Isabelle Kuehler – Pierce, 9 (A-1)
Contenders: Ahrens-C-B (A-2), Fiene-Conestoga (A-1), Cotton-York (A-3), Wemhoff-Schuyler (A-3), Zeleny-O-C (A-2) No changes in the top two. Roberts has dropped down to 145 and will be at the Norm Manstedt Invite along with Wilke, Kuehler, Ahrens, Cotton, Wemhoff, and Zeleny. This will be a great bracket and will help sort things out going forward. Oliverez was runner-up at Winnebago falling to Wilke. Fiene won the Conestoga invite after finishing 3 rd at Winnebago. She is going to be dangerous at the end of the season as she continues to figure things out.
1. Yohaly Quinones – South Sioux City, 12 (A-1)
2. Jayda Parker – Bellevue East, 12 (A-1)
3. Piper Zatechka – Westside, 10 (A-3)
4. Paola Vergara – O’Neill, 11 (A-3)
5. Persephone Prochaska – Omaha Marian, 12 (A-2)
6. Amelia Jacobsen – Minden, 12 (A-4)
Contenders: Mader-GINW (A-4), Green-Omaha North (A-2), Velasquez-Schuyler (A-3), Grow-Papio South (A-1), Ceballos-JCC (A-3), Jones-Louisville (A-1)
Quinones solidifies her spot at the top with a fall against Zatechka in the finals of the Winnebago meet. She had a great OT win in the semi’s over Vergara. The Norm Manstedt Invite should feature Parker, Zatechka, Vergara, Jacobsen, Mader, and Velasquez. Great match-ups that can be watched live on NEWrestle.
1. Kaylee Ricketts – Wahoo, 11 (A-4)
2. Makayla Pate – McCook, 11 (A-2)
3. Annabelle Poppe – Crofton, 10 (A-2)
4. Macy Barber – Westside, 9 (A-3)
5. Avery Albers – York, 9 (A-3)
6. Rowyn Wiltgen – Millard South, 10 (A-1)
Contenders: Jakubowski-O’Neill (A-3), Jones-Louisville (A-1), Hixon-GISH (A-1), Ambriz-Ansley-Litchfield (A-4), Ybarzabal-Bellevue (A-1), Victoria-Azcna-Omaha South (A-3) Ricketts is going to get another shot asserting her dominance over this field on Thursday in Columbus. Poppe, Barber, Albers, Wiltgen, Jakubowski, Hixon, Ambriz, and Ybarzabal should all be there for a major show down with the depth at this weight class. It will be interesting how things will shake out.
1. Makena Schramm – Fairbury, 12 (A-3)
2. Claire Paasch – West Point-Beemer, 12 (A-2)
3. Darian Earth – Winnebago, 11 (A-1)
4. Gina Alba – Schuyler, 12 (A-3)
5. Ali Edwards – Grand Island, 10 (A-1)
6. Martha Hinneh – Marian, 11 (A-2)
Contenders: Carney-Norfolk Catholic (A-2), Zamora-SSC (A-1), Smidt-Elgin/Pope John (A-2), Janovich-Elkhorn (A-1) Makena Schramm remains unbeaten with another win over Paasch at the Winnebago Invite. Zamora had a big upset over Earth in the quarters but suffered an injury in the semi’s against Paasch. Hopefully, she will be well going forward. Earth, Alba, Edwards, Carney, and Janovich should battle it out at the Norm Manstedt Invite.
1. Precious DeCora – Winnebago, 10 (A-1)
2. Melissa De La Torre – South Sioux City, 12 (A-1)
3. Julissa Guererro – Fremont, 10 (A-1)
4. Savannah Koch – Minden, 12 (A-4)
5. Brythany Espino – Grand Island, 9 (A-1)
6. Ashanti Dillard – Norfolk, 12 (A-4)
Contenders: Sohm-SSC (A-1), Krebs-Summerland (A-2), Kennel-Norfolk Catholic (A-2), Ramirez-Crete (A-3), Irvin-Logan View (A-2), Geiger-Westside (A-3) DeCora was not present at the Winnebago Invite, but De La Torre was, and she beat Guererro in the finals. Dillard was third. DeCora, Koch, Espino, Krebs, Kennel, and Geiger should all be at the Norm Mandstedt invite to help sort things out at this weight.