Class A Team Rankings
1. Millard South
2. Grand Island
3. Papillion La-Vista
5. Lincoln East
7. North Platte
8. Omaha Westside
9. Millard West
10. Lincoln Southwest
Class A TOP 6 INDIVIDUALS
1. Brenyn Delano Columbus
2. Tyler Durden Papio
3. Alex Gates Grand Island
4. Isaac Ekdahl Millard South
5. Braedyn Rakes Lincoln East
6. Abdi Unle Omaha Bryan
Delano is still the one to beat in my opinion. Everyone else is VERY close though. Durden beat Gates and Rakes at State Duals. Gates with a semi-upset with a win over Ekdahl. We knock out Phillips from LSW, not sure if it is injury or strategy with him not competing with a district opponent in recent tournaments.
1. Miles Anderson Millard South
2. Jesse Lewis Norfolk
3. DJ Bonam Omaha Central
4. Enrique Haynes Millard West
5. Presden Sanchez Creighton Prep
6. Jacob Campbell Papio
Anderson is the new #1 at this LOADED weight class. Anderson majored Lewis at the State Duals. Bonam and Haynes are still extremely dangerous. Campbell and Sanchez are also still very much in this picture.
1. Gabe Turman Lincoln East
2. Archer Heelan Kerney
3. Hunter Jacobsen Lincoln Southwest
4. Blake Cerny Columbus
5. Avery Russell Millard West
6. Josh Shaner Lincoln Northeast
Truman has wrestled some close matches this past weekend, but getting the W is all that matters. After him there is probably 9 guys who are legit medal contenders. It is almost the 6th degrees of Kevin Bacon, where one beats another. Very interesting weight class.
1. Adrian Bice Columbus
2. Ein Obermiller Grand Island
3. Brandon Bausert Lincoln East
4. Cal Price Papio
5. Logan Glynn Millard South
6. Kash Bates LSW
Talk about unpredictable. The top 4 have seemingly had a merry-go-round of wins over each other. The positive for Bausert and Price is baring an upset at districts they will be on the opposite side of each the bracket of each other. This whole weight class is just nuts.
1. Keith Smith Lincoln East
2. Julio Reyes Omaha Burke
3. Cadyn Kucera Columbus
4. Tanner Hosick Bellevue West
5. Cristian Cortez Grand Island
6. Gavin Van Driel Norfolk
Smith is still the dude. Reyes has only one loss on the season to Olberding from Ft. Calhoun. Kuchera had a dominant performance over Cortez. Cortez has a win over Van Driel. Hosick is very talented and should be taken serious.
1. Garrett Grice Bellevue East
2. Aiden Roberston Millard South
3. Cam Ralston Papio South
4. Dane Arrants Grand Island
5. Cole Toline Lincoln East
6. Caleb Durr Lincoln Southeast
STILL the Garrett Grice show at 138. Robertson the clear number 2, under that is a musical of chairs. Some guys outside of the rankings that are very capable of making the podium.
1. Joel Adams Millard South
2. Tyler Salpas Grand Island
3. Landan McLaughlin Lincoln Southwest
4. Westin Sherlock Lincoln East
5. Ryan Fox North Platte
6. Noah Aken Omaha Westside
Adams made his return at the State Duals he did Joel Adams things still. Salpas holds a 2-1 head to head over McLaughlin. Sherlock had an impressive win over Fox.
1. Tyler Antoniak Millard South
2. Jacob Licking Norfolk
3. Michael Myers Omaha Westside
4. Luke Andres Lincoln Pius X
5. Alex Dzingle Grand Island
6. Toby Wingender Omaha Bryan
Antoniak did what he needed to do this weekend, not like it was a shock. He took out # 2, 3, and 5 at the State Duals. Myers had a rough weekend going 0-2 to Antoniak and Fox (145 from NP). Very interesting at the bottom 3-6.
1. Nick Hamilton Papio
2. Grant Moraski Bellevue West
3. Henry Reilly Millard South
4. Hudson Wadlow Norfolk
5. Ben Enders Millard North
6. Pierce Johnson Creighton Prep
Hamilton has only had 3 matches not end in a tech or fall this year. That is what you call dominate. Moraski is on a tear since his loss in mid-December. 3-6 are having great seasons, but might not be at the top 2’s caliber.
1. Antrell Taylor Millard South
2. Sam Andres Lincoln Pius X
3. Tate Kuchera Kearney
4. Brian Petry Millard North
5. Justyce Hostetler Grand Island
6. Cooper Jackson Lincoln Southwest
The potential 3 time champ is looking as dominate as ever. Taylor has not wrestled out of the 1st period since Metros. 2-6 is looking to be opposite Antrell in the finals. Andres has been stellar all year. Kuchera and Petry are very much in that conversation as well.
1. Caeden Olin Millard South
2. Noah Blair Millard West
3. Justin Davis Omaha Central
4. Cameron Cunningham Gretna
5. Coleton Haggin Papio
6. Trace Marco Papio South
I don’t know where to begin/end with this one. The top 4 could all wrestle each other and a different winner each time. Only the good thing about this all is we should some sort of solid semi-finals at CHI because they of how districts shake out. Obviously this is also baring any upsets. The bottom 2 are in for the battle of Papio with Haggin having a 2-1 head to head.
1. Tyler Stewart Omaha North
2. Charlie Nosal Millard West
3. Max McClatchey Lincoln Southeast
4. Kaden Johnson Papio
5. Chase Pokett Omaha Bryan
6. Xavier Albertson North Platte
Stewart has some serious competition coming down the pipeline. Nosal returned after a hiatus. Johnson is cleared and will be in for the A4 district with Stewart. McClatchey is still not a guy to take lightly. The fireworks are gonna fly at CHI.
1. Vince Genatone North Platte
2. Cole Haberman Omaha Westside
3. Jackson Bos Norfolk
4. Christian Nash Millard South
5. Matt Bohy Lincoln Pius X
6. Chris Shiney Millard North
It goes Genatone and then the field. Haberman gets the big pin over Nash. Nash then falls to Bos 3-2. Shiney gets in with solid season and some close loses to talented grapplers.
1. Tyson Terry Omaha North
2. Tyson Danner Omaha Northwest
3. Brayden Heffner Norflok
4. Titus Richardson Fremont
5. Ryan Zatechka Omaha Westside
6. Aaron Theimann Papio South
Everyone should be hoping for the battle of the Tysons volume 3. Heffner is a strong number 3 with Richardson not far behind.
Class A Team Rankings