NSWCA Class C Ratings 12/16/20
Team Rankings – Tournament
1 Central City Projecting 129 points
2 Aquinas Projecting 123 points
3 Logan View Projecting 102 points
4 David City Projecting 92 points
5 Milford Projecting 76 points
6 Cross County/Osceola Projecting 69 points
7 Raymond Central Projecting 68 points
8 Arlington Projecting 59 points
9 O’Neill Projecting 58 points
10 Bishop Neumann Projecting 53 points
I’m sure my point system is off, compared to actual points, but it’s what I used based on placers, qualifiers not expected to medal, and fringe qualifiers who could pick up a couple extra points if they get it. Right now it looks like Central City and their top-end points against Aquinas and their depth. So much depth in Class C this year!! Teams like Valentine, Wilber-Clatonia, Syracuse, Ord, Fillmore Central, Conestoga, Bridgeport, and Twin River aren’t far off. What a fun year!
2 Logan View
3 Central City
4 David City
5 Raymond Central
7 Bishop Neumann
9 Fillmore Central
- Drew Garfield, Central City 11
- John Alden, O’Neill 9
- Pedro Hernandez, Wilber-Clatonia 10
- Travis Meyer, Fillmore Central 10
- Robbie Fischer, Crofton-Bloomfield 9
- Conner Kohout, Milford 9
Ashton Dane (Gordon-Rushville, yet to test) and Trevin Edwards (Loomis/Bertrand, up at 113) could eventually join this weight class and would be immediate contenders for a top 3 rating. Will Trenton Arlt (Oakland-Craig) make 106 again? He or teammate Ben Loftis will make a case here depending on how they shake out. As of now, we’ll stick with wrestlers who are competing at this weight class. We’ll definitely know more about this weight class in the coming weeks.
- Jacob McGee, Logan View 10
- Ely Olberding, Fort Calhoun 10
- Cole Kunz, Central City 11
- Jose Escandon, Gibbon 11
- Jacob Kavan, Aquinas Catholic 9
- Zack Bongers, David City 11
Seems to be a fairly deep weight class for now as we wait to see if some are dropping to 106. Will Dane (G/R) end up here? What about Arlt (O-C)? McGee starts at the top, with a dominating win over Kavan. Olberding also beat Kavan, but a much closer match. Grooms (Valentine) is also one to keep an eye on.
- Aaron Ohnoutka, Bishop Neumann 10
- Dru Mueller, Logan View 12
- Braden Ruffner, Conestoga 12
- Kaleb Baker, St. Paul 10
- Lance Olberding, Fort Calhoun 10
- Zander Kavan, Aquinas Catholic 10
Waddington (Wood River) and Dozler (Boone Central) can both get here, so time will tell if that will happen. For now, this is what it looks like. Schindler (David City) Johnson (Twin River) and Goebel (Syracuse) also in the hunt here. King (Battle Creek) also projects here when he returns.
- Chris Williams, Valentine 12
- Zach Zitek, Aquinas Catholic 12
- Konnor Schluckebier, Milford 12
- Mitch Albrecht, Raymond Central 12
- Gavin Dozler, Boone Central 11
- Riley Waddington, Wood River 10
Brandt (Syracuse) and Schademann (Fillmore Central) are right there also. A lot of depth at this weight. Zitek gets the early nod for #2 based on more experience in the higher weights than Schlucekbier. This will be a fun weight to watch in Omaha!
- Quentyn Frank, Amherst 11
- Logan Bryce, Raymond Central 11
- Ty Rainforth, O’Neill 11
- Eli Vondra, Milford 11
- Noah Scott, Aquinas Catholic 12
- Keaghon Chini, Conestoga 11
Josh Spatz (David City, yet to compete) and Ryan Payne (Centennial) are right in the mix to be rated.
- Dyson Kunz, Central City 12
- Hunter Vandenburg, Aquinas Catholic 11
- Seth Fairbanks, Bishop Neumann 12
- Cameron Williams, Conestoga 12
- Dylan Ancheta, Wood River 11
- Logan Burt, Tekamah-Herman 10
Kunz is the clear favorite here. Poppe (Crofton-Bloomfield), Lokken (Wilber-Clatonia), and Kluthe (Ord) are right in the mix also.
- Hunter Gilmore, Arlington 12
- Christopher Nickolite, Aquinas Catholic 11
- Brady Thompson, O’Neill 11
- Hunter McNulty, Logan View 12
- Cal Janke, Archbishop Bergan 11
- Sean Henkel, Yutan 12
Gilmore cemented his #1 ranking with a tough victory over Nickolite this weekend. Olson (Valentine) could be coming down from 152 and he would enter the rankings. Homolka (Wilber-Clatonia) has yet to compete, but should be entering the rankings once he’s back. Plowman (Conestoga) and Von Bonn (Central City) right in the mix here also.
- Conner Kreikemeier, Raymond Central 11
- Trevor Widener, Bridgeport 12
- Tanner Schneiderheinz, Central City 12
- Roberto Valdivia, Logan View 12
- Ethan Mullaly, North Bend 12
- Christopher Feldner, Kearney Catholic 12
A number of guys who could win this weight class in February. Add in Olson (Valentine), Harris (David City), Calleroz (Arcadia/Loup City), and Battershaw (Battle Creek) and you can see the depth here with not a lot separating them. Who will all get to 145?
- Joe Hinrichs, Sutton 12
- Cameron Graham, Cross County-Osceola 11
- Nolan Eller, Aquinas Catholic 12
- Garret Kluthe, Ord 12
- Gavin Zoucha, Malcom 11
- Carter Springer, Milford 11
Hinrichs and Graham feel like the top two here. Menke (Bridgeport) projects here also and would assume Green (Nebraska Christian) makes his way here. Other than that, doesn’t feel like a lot of depth at this weight right now. Miller (Logan View) could be in the mix.
- Josh Miller, Arlington 12
- Sam Moore, Central City 12
- Bryce Reed, Cross County-Osceola 12
- Tre Daro, David City 11
- Jaxson Jones, Twin River 12
- Chris Scdoris, Milford 11
Looks to be Miller’s weight to win. Will Battershaw (Valentine) make it back and be here?? Vrana (Bishop Neumann) is a contender also. Reed has a close victory over Daro this season, but I don’t see much separting #2 through #8 here.
- Dylan Vodicka, David City 12
- Burton Brandt, Syracuse 12
- Jesse Drahota, Ravenna 12
- Kelen Meyer, Ord 12
- Caden Egr, Yutan 12
- Nick Virka, North Bend Central 12
Pretty tough weight class at the top here. After that, it seems pretty wide open. Andel (Aquinas) not far from ratings right now.
- Brandon Beeson, Tri County 12
- Aiden Worthey, HTRS 11
- Jazper Ames, Lutheran High Northeast 12
- Hunter Oborny, Milford 9
- Reilly Miller, Aquinas Catholic 11
- Joel Abramson, Loomis-Bertrand 12
Wide open weight as it stands now. Sounds like Booth (Logan View) and Casey (Quad County NE) will be coming down from 220. Brandt (Syracuse) has been competing at 182, though some report he may move up to 195. We’ll have to wait and see what happens. Thompson (Battle Creek) is a returning qualifer here also.
- Kyle Sterup, Cross County-Osceola 12
- Logan Booth, Logan View 11
- James Escamilla, David City 12
- Quran Cook, Yutan 10
- Nathan Coley, Mitchell 12
- Jared Janssen, Crofton-Bloomfield 11
In holding true to the other weights, I’m trying to rate guys by where they are competing right now. Mundt (Nebraska Christian) and Johnson (Madison) may be coming down from 285. Booth (Logan View) may be on the move to 195. But, for now, this is how it looks. Bogard (Amherst) is also right there, along with Casey (Quad County NE) and Meysenburg (Aquinas), whom Bogard has beaten.
- Carl Mundt, Nebraska Christian 12
- Jake Ingwersen, David City 12
- Daven Whitley, BRLD 10
- Kolby Johnson, Madison 12
- Andrew Cone, Logan View 12
- Nathan Scheer, St. Paul 12
Again, some unknowns with potential weight drops, but if it stood as of today this is how I have it. Hayes (Cross County-Osceola) would add to this weight, but I don’t see him listed on the roster as of now. Whitley beat Johnson last weekend. Ingwerson beat Whitley as well. After the top 6 you have the likes of Nordmeyer (Malcolm), Zlomke (Battle Creek), Burr (Syracuse), Asche (Fillmore Central) and Fehlhafer (Centennial).