NSWCA Class A Rankings-12/27/19
Class A Top 10 Meet Team
1. Millard South
2. Lincoln East
3. Grand Island
5. Omaha Burke
6. Omaha Central
8. Papillion LaVista South
9. North Platte
10. Lincoln Southeast
COMMENTS: Some shifts in the team meet rankings, although mostly big dual meets of late. Millard South is just TOO MUCH for anybody out there to handle this season. They rolled through the GI Fracas, rarely losing 2 matches in a dual. It is a battle for 2nd at Team Meet State in February. There are A LOT of teams that could finish 2nd…should be good!
Class A Top 10 Dual Meet Teams
1. Millard South
2. Grand Island
3. Lincoln East
6. Omaha Burke
7. Papillion LaVista South
8. Papillion LaVista
9. North Platte
COMMENTS: I shuffled these in line with the Class A team finishes at last weekend’s Grand Island Fracas. Seems to be the biggest and best dual meet so far this season. Some teams lack depth this season, but are good meet teams, mine included! We will see how things shake out 2nd Semester!
TOP 6 INDIVIDUALS
1. Keith Smith Lincoln East
2. Julio Reyes Omaha Burke
3. DJ Bonham Omaha Central
4. Cain Stenger Columbus
5. Avery Russell Millard West
6. Ein Obermiller Grand Island
COMMENTS: Only new face is Obermiller, with a good GI Fracas showing. Have not yet seen Bonham, and there are probably a few other good kids that will surface at this weight later in the season.
1. Brandon Baustert Lincoln East
2. Archer Heelan Kearney
3. Caleb Coyle Millard South
4. Ethan Batterton Lincoln SE
5. Noor Salat Omaha Bryan
6. Julio Reyes Omaha Burke
COMMENTS: Baustert moves to #1 based on Heelan defeating Coyle at the GI Fracas. Plus, it appears previous #1 Pedro of GI is actually UP at 120. A nice, deep weight.
1. Garrett Grice Bellevue East
2. Emilio Haynes Omaha Central
3. Joel Adams Millard South
4. Nathan Rubino Omaha Burke
5. Juan Pedro Grand Island
6. Hunter Nagatani Kearney
COMMENTS: Gridce drops his first career match as he hooked up with Burks of Omaha Burke, #1 at 126,on Friday at the GI Fracas. A great match, between two of the state’s very best, ended with Burks on top by a tight 5 – 4 decision. Great match! This weight has more depth than previously seen…will be a good one all season!
1. Jakason Burks Omaha Burke
2. Gabe Grice Omaha Central
3. Blake Cushing Grand Island
4. Rylie Steele Kearney
5. Jaylan Ruffin North Platte
6. Ian Rudner Papillion LaVista
COMMENTS: No changes at 126 this time, as the biggest match was the Burks/Grice showdown Friday of the GI Fracas, a 5 – 4 Burks decision. Burks is the overwhelming favorite at this weight. But there is definitely some talent/depth here as well.
1. Conor Knopick Millard South
2. Darian Diaz North Platte
3. Tanner Kobza Columbus
4. Daniel DeRosier Bellevue East
5. Nic Swift Lincoln East
6. Aaron Ditmer Norfolk
COMMENTS: This weight class perked up with word Class B 126 State Champ Diaz of North Platte WILL be back 2nd semester. What a deep weight this 132 has become! This should be one of the most hotly contested weights at State in February!
1. Tyler Antoniak Millard South
2. Brayden Smith Kearney
3. Peyton Martinez South Sioux City
4. Stone Sindelar Papillion LaVista South
5. Caelan Hester Bellevue East
6. Brody Arrants Grand Island
COMMENTS: No major changes at 138, as no new results changed much. Antoniak and Smith did NOT meet in Grand Island at the Fracas, so that must wait until later! Tough weight class here as well.
1. Antrell Taylor Millard South
2. Brecklin Sperling Lincoln East
3. Alex Irizarry Papillion LaVista South
4. Gage Ferguson Kearney
5. Corbin Meink Millard North
6. Ray Hubbard Omaha Central
COMMENT: Some shifting due to GI Fracas matches, as several kids met, with subsequent movement. Taylor is still out, but sits atop the 145 class. This weight has some real depth, and I am sure some kidsll rise as the season goes on.
1. Maxx Mayfield Lincoln East
2. Deon Davis Omaha Central
3. Gauge McBride Kearney
4. Scott Robertson Millard South
5. Caleb Conner Papillion LaVista South
6. Dalton Flibotte Bellevue East
COMMENTS: Few changes at 152, where rumors circulate that Mayfield is considering going UP to 160, so this weight could change fast 2nd semester! A lot of good kids anyway at 152, with several not listed here. Should have some battles at State!
1. Deson Stapleton Omaha Burke
2. Cole Price Papillion LaVista
3. Ethan Valencia Millard West
4. Brogan Zegers Lincoln SE
5. Brayden Splater Norfolk
6. Tommy Wentz Fremont
COMMENTS: Stapleton scored a big 12 – 3 decision over Price at the GI Fracas, resulting in him moving to number 1 this poll. Lots of tough ids at 160, a weight that should feature some great State battles.
1. Grant Lyman Lincoln East
2. Justin Davis Omaha Central
3. Cash Arensdorf North Platte
4. Blaze Standley Columbus
5. Jack McConnell Bellevue West
6. Carter Abels Kearney
COMMENTS: Not much change in 2 weeks time, as few significant matchups occurred at the GI Fracas. This weight has some very physical kids in it, and should be a tough weight the second half of the season.
1. Anthony DeAnda Columbus
2. Gavin Brauer North Platte
3. Max McClatchy Lincoln SE
4. Carson Maas Papillion LaVista
5. Cole Haberman Omaha Westside
6. Ian Byington Millard South
COMMENTS: DeAnda still seems the class of the weight, beating 3 of the top 6 at the Fracas in GI recently. Byington breaks into the rankings with some quality wins in Grand Island at the Fracas as well. Deep weight class!
1. Kasten Grape Columbus
2. Tony Pray Omaha Creighton Prep
3. Jackson Arend Gretna
4. Noah Sprieck Lincoln East
5. Chris Wortman Millard South
6. Daylon Keolavone Grand Island
COMMENTS: Grape still sits atop 195 after pinning 3 ranked kids at the Fracas in the 1st period. Solid favorite to win 195. Some shuffling after the last week’s results, but most of the kids remain rated from 2 weeks ago.
1. Isaac Trumble Millard South
2. Jaylon Walker Omaha Bryan
3. Mikey Vasquez Omaha south
4. Tyler Robinson Papillion LaVista South
5. Garrett Moser Fremont
6. Breken Heiman Gretna
COMMENTS: Trumble is making an argument he is the best kid in NE, any weight, after pinning Class B #1 and nationally ranked Griess of GINW in a GI Fracas dual. This is a GREAT weight, with serious depth up and down the rankings. Should be some banging at State for medals!
1. Cade Haberman Omaha Westside
2. Jacob Frezell-McClinton Omaha Central
3. Jacob Ngeleka South Sioux City
4. Nolan Olafson Omaha Burke
5. Jayden Schrader Lincoln Northeast
6. Michael Isele Grand Island
COMMENTS: Haberman remains the solid #1 at HWT. This weight is very evenly divided after him, with most kids capable of either pinning other top kids, or getting into a 1 point push me shove me match that could go either way at State. Should be an entertaining weight class the remainder of the season!